Live Poker by Microgaming
In the world of gaming, Microgaming stands as a force to be reckoned with in the gaming destinations on both the online and brick and mortar platform. The online gaming software developer is recognized for being the very first game providing firm to launch on the web when gambling was introduced to the online platform; this was back in 1994. Even before that, Microgaming ran as a success on location-based gaming destinations, which has remained the case to date. On the virtual platform, Microgaming boasts more than one thousand, two hundred set releases since its inception more than two decades ago. Most of the games provided are slot machine games, which is heavily accounted for by their widespread demand. It is also known for the provision of live poker, blackjack, roulette, video poker, red dog, and baccarat variations, which are provided in numerous Microgaming Casinos.
In 2006, when live casinos were still new to the online platform, Microgaming launched its set of live dealer games. This was at around the same time that leading online gaming software developer Evolution Gaming made its release. When the live dealer Microgaming casino was first launched, it was knocked out of the park by its Evolution Gaming rival. Most reviews suggested it was too simple, which made it appear lifeless. However, over time, Microgaming has come to review their casino studios to incorporate lively elements and dealers; this has placed it back at the top of the gaming pyramid.
Microgaming Live Poker
Various table games are provided in Microgaming’s live casino including roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and poker. Poker stands as the last addition to this collection, with its inception being barely two years ago in 2016. This addition was considered long overdue seeing that other leading live game providers had included poker in their sets collection, but the late release was well worth the wait. The Microgaming poker variation is considered among the best in the business with the use of top-notch technology to deliver content to gamblers. This option carries numerous advantages over its industry counterparts, some of them including:
- All gameplay is recorded during streaming so that both the player and gaming destination can play it back when the need arises
- Live poker can be accessed directly on the web without the requirement of a download. Even so, some gaming destinations provide specific links to players that allow them to download the set to their smartphone and tablet gadgets
- The game can be conducted in various languages, which allows players from different regions where English is not the common tongue to engage in gameplay without language barrier. Aside from the provision of gaming controls in different languages, the live dealers used are also conversant with the tongues made available
- Gamblers can choose to play poker by Microgaming in private tables where one has a dedicated table and dealer all to themselves. As of the writing of this review, Microgaming stands as the only live gaming software provider to do this
- Gamers can choose to play live poker in the Microgaming Playboy live casino, which is inspired by Hugh Hefner’s play bunnies. The entire casino is Playboy-branded with the bunny logo placed on tables and chips. The beautiful dealers also come wearing bunny ears to go along with the theme
- If one is waiting for a table, the live casino has an alert function that ensures the gambler is alerted as soon as a slot is available. In some cases, Microgaming goes as far as establishing new tables if they are all full
With such advantages backing Microgaming’s poker option, it is no wonder it has moved to become a huge success only a short while after its establishment.
Casino Hold’em by Microgaming
Microgaming provides only one version of poker in its live casino option: Casino Hold’em. This version of the game was invented back in 2000 and has since grown to become the most sought-after variation of poker. The game appears very similar to Texas Hold’em, which has been around for a while longer. However, the difference comes in the fact that gamblers play against the dealer rather than other players at the table. The rules of the game remain simple across most gaming platforms, and they include:
- At the beginning of the play, every gambler at the table is required to make an Ante wager
- When dealing cards, the player is presented with three community cards along with two hole cards. The dealer receives the same
- Once the cards are dealt, the gamer can choose to either fold or call. Doing the former or failing to do any altogether leads to the loss of the Ante wager even if the dealt cards end up in their favor
- The player can receive two more community cards upon request, which will be the dealer’s two hole cards
- The player wins when they end up with a higher card value of the hole and community cards combined than that of the dealer. The vice versa results in a loss
- However, if the dealer and player tie, the cards are pushed, and another hand is dealt
Side bets can be placed during online gameplay, but they do not affect the Ante or call wagers. Some of the hands that the gamer can use to win include Flush, Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Full House, etc. Other rules can be found in the live poker by Microgaming page. Even so, some casinos can change the rules in accordance with how they want the game played.
Other Live Games by Microgaming
Microgaming is not limited to the provision of poker only in their live casino option. Other table games are provided for play such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. These sets feature more than one variation as opposed to poker, which features only one. All live dealer sets require one to use real money when gaming as opposed to fun money, which is accepted in the regular games.
Microgaming live poker online proves to be an immersive experience for both new and experienced gamblers. The wager limits are made convenient to accommodate both low rollers and high rollers alike.